A World-class Program for Juniors that is Free!
Participants (Under 18) will learn how to ride a track bike first, then will be taught how to ride on the track. Training to race is an individual choice, not all participants in the program choose to race, many enjoy other positive benefits of training (i.e. enhanced self esteem, fitness, goal setting).
Our mission is to create a premier, nationally recognized, competitive track racing program enhancing the athletic, psychological and physical development of children and teenagers in the North Texas Regional Area. The Junior Racing Program ensures exposure, and development, by youngsters to the growing sport of cycling. Through training, and racing, our aspiring athletes will be afforded the opportunity to compete on a local, regional and national level.
The objective of the Superdrome Youth Development Program is, first and foremost, to ensure the participants have fun in a safe, controlled, highly supervised environment. Our primary purpose is to deliver a program which is also goal oriented, and results driven. Our staff provides motivation, encouragement, and mentoring through positive reinforcement; facilitating the development of skills and traits applicable to interpersonal relationships, citizenship, education, career and family life; positively positioning our youngsters for success in any endeavor they choose.
When We Meet
What does it Cost?
- Youth & Juniors classes are FREE!
What to Bring
- Pedals & Shoes (if you have them)
- Bike Riding Clothes
- Drink & a Snack
- Completed Signed Waiver
What to Expect
- Your child will learn how to ride a track bike first, then will be taught how to ride on the track.
- Training to race is an individual choice, not all participants in the program choose to race, many enjoy other positive benefits of training (i.e. enhanced self esteem, fitness, goal setting).
- Youth sized track bikes are provided for use during training and racing
- Children 14 and under must attend one of the Youth/Junior Development sessions in order to use the Superdrome. Children over 14 may use this program or go to a Superdrome Adult Development Class
- Program runs year round, on the track or the road in the off season
- Frisco Cycling Club is one of our program partners and the team of choice for many of our riders, but “unattached” and members of other Cycling Teams are welcome. (If your child has a personal “cycling coach”, please check with them as to what other coaching/training sessions your child is able to attend)
- At least one parent must be on site during session. Please bring a Signed Waiver.
Juniors have participated in our program since 1995!
Junior Program Coach
- UCI Certified Cycling National Coach 1990, level 1
- UCI Certified Cycling Continental Coaching course 2000 level 2
- UCI Certified Cycling International Coaching Course 2005
- Castilla La Mancha, Spain, University, Sports Applied Science.2005
- Pan-American Solidarity Coaching certification (PASO) Colorado Springs US, 8/2005
- Road and Track Cycling Coach for the Puerto Rican Cycling Federation-Head Coach from 2001 to 2007
- Head Coach at Carolina Puerto Rico School of sports, (grass roots program ) 1992-2007
“We have a lot of fun!”